HomeWeatherStation template - BETA TEST version
Link to the production/release version here
What is a beta test?
Definition from WhatIs.com
Quality is the main purpose of beta testing as this phase allows developers and testers to evaluate
the overall experience from users' point of view.
Functional testing makes sure all the features of the scripts are working fine and they would perform as expected.
Demo: pwsTEST - release last APRIL VERSION
Download: beta version of July release => Not yet available.
Planned enhancements / changes:
- Warning: For real work you should use the normal production version
- When there is a problem, compare the beta version with your (or another) production version first.
- There is only limited support for installing and sorry, no support for un-experienced users.
- When you detect errors or necessary improvements please check if the problem occurs at the demo site also.
- Enhancements are included in the test version first while new beta versions become available 1 every so many weeks.
- Post your remarks in this topic at the WW forum..
- Selection of the languages to be shown in menu
- Language file for english in .txt format as with other languages
- Enhanced documentation
I am extending the number of "w34_icons" so that all different conditions in the forecasts can have their own icon.
The icons can freely be used and modified as you wish. I myself use BOXY-svg, an inexpensive svg editor for that.
To make sure that the same icon is always used for "more or less the same" weather description I first made a listing for every forecast.
These lists contain the conditions- or forecast-terms, the providers icon if available and the "w34_icon" used
Latest update: 2019-04-12 12:30 UTC