BETA HomeWeatherStation template - TEST version
Demo: Most features can be found in the Beta pwsTEST-release here and some already in the pre-production pwsWD-release
What is a beta test? Definition from WhatIs.com
Quality is the main purpose of beta testing as this phase allows developers and testers to evaluate
the overall experience from users' point of view.
Functional testing makes sure all the features of the scripts are working fine and they would perform as expected.
- You should always use your production version for real work and compare the new version with your production version first.
- There is only limited support for installing and sorry, no support for un-experienced users.
- When you detect necessary improvements please check if the problem occurs at the demo site also.
Enhancements are included in the test version first and new beta versions become available 1 / week.
- Post your remarks in this topic at the WW forum.
All known issues are listed there in the second message.
- Last Beta-TEST before the official April release: Download this March 1 beta-version here
Do not copy an old settings file from previous versions.
It is important for me that others also test all steps and all comments to improve are welcome.
The folder-name should be pwsTEST/ or add an extra digit pwsTEST2/
- Only download the beta version if you use another weather34/ version. Do not use this beta to learn, use it to help the developer.
- It now supports
- WD clientraw and WDapi
- Cumulus / WeatherCat and WeeWx using realtime.txt
- Meteohub (and WsWin) using clientraw.txt
- WeatherUnderground download with the new API
- Weatherlink.com v2
- Added forecasts for WXSIM & EnvironmentCanada. WeatherWarnings for Europe, USA and Canada.
- WXSIM You have to modify the original Saratoga plaintext-parser first in . . /pwsTEST/wxsimPP/plaintext-parser.php
It should display correct info such as shown here The PWS scripts will then read that parsed data.
BUT as all output is cached a fresh plaintext.txt should be uploaded before the forecast will show in the pwsTEST/ window
- For users from the USA, you have to modify your Curly/NWS weatherwarnings in the pwsTEST/nws-alerts-142/ folder
I am extending the number of "w34_icons" so that all different conditions in the forecasts can have their own icon.
The icons can freely be used and modified as you wish. I myself use BOXY-svg, an inexpensive svg editor for that.
To make sure that the same icon is always used for "more or less the same" weather description I first made a listing for every forecast.
These lists contain the conditions- or forecast-terms, the providers icon if available and the "w34_icon" used